The Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) will identify and interpret cardiac rhythms, notify appropriate nurse in the event of changes in cardiac rhythms, document daily interpretation of cardiac rhythms, and utilize thorough knowledge of monitor system operation to assist in proper care of patients. The HUC shall ensure that all clerical duties including order entry, telephone management, and unit organization is maintained at all times while on duty.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience or education in Cardiac Monitoring preferred in Critical Care settings.
- Experience working as a Unit Clerk/Patient Care Technican for two years in an acute care hospital environment is preferred.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and foster a supportive role in assisting other members of the care team.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must have intermediate level computer skills and have experience navigating an Electronic Medical Record in an acute care hospital environment preferred.