Performs manual and automated routine blood test in Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, and Blood Bank. Prepares specimens for microscope examinations. Operates laboratory equipment. Will help collect venous, capillary, and arterial blood when needed.
- Reports to and follows directions from Laboratory Director, Laboratory Manager and Laboratory Lead tech.
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results
- Maintain records which demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies and documenting all QC activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance
- Follow the laboratory’s policies whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance
- Be able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problem or notify the appropriate supervisor
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance
- Only perform high complexity testing under the on-site direct supervision of a general supervisor, if required by personnel qualification requirements.
- Requires graduation from an accredited MT/MLT program and registry eligible.