Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating post operative nursing given to assigned patients. Assists other recovery room personnel in recovery of post anesthesia patients while maintaining an efficient, safe and clean recovery room
- Admits patients to recovery room with initial assessment of patient status by physical exam or respiratory and circulatory status, and pain assessment.
- Carries out all physician orders.
- Maintains patient stabilization throughout recovery.
- Evaluates OR care for specific patient problems, including need for restraints.
- Maintains adequate patient body temperature.
- Executes emergency procedures related to the age and size of patient.
- Assesses intake and output.
- Changes dressing using aseptic technique.
- Discharges patient to front door of hospital safely.
- Calls next working day to check progress or problems with patient.
- Performs related duties as needed or as directed by Outpatient Surgery Supervisor.
- Orders and maintains proper supplies and medications for ODS.
- Records patient charges on appropriate charge tickets.
- Takes recovery room call as assigned.
1 year experience required.
Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. Current license in the State of Oklahoma as registered professional nurse, RN and/or LPN. Completed the medication examination and received a satisfactory score. Physical and mental health to meet the demands of the position. Prefer one (1) year nursing experience to include operating room, recovery room, or surgical intensive care. Must be a Team Player.
Currently licensed as a professional Registered Nurse and/or Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Oklahoma. BLS ACLS and PALS required .