Surgical Scrub Technician/LPN
- Under the direction of a RN Supervisor, uses information obtained to complete assigned tasks and seeks guidance and direction from circulating nurse as required.
- Assist with room set to include endoscopy and OR Suites, assisting with general, and terminal cleans.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the principles of asepsis and consistently
maintains sterile technique when performing job.
- Anticipates the appropriate instruments, supplies, and equipment required by the surgeon and delivers the same in a safe and expeditious manner.
- Develops and improves skills in assisting the surgical team through observation and self-study.
- Differentiates sterilization methods for special equipment and instruments necessary for specific surgical procedures.
- Displays dexterity in the use of surgical instruments and utilizes knowledge of step-by-step procedures for specific surgeries.
- Applies the principles of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner pre, intra, and post-operatively. Monitors and calls attention to breaks in technique and communicates to circulating RN and Surgeons breaks in technique.
- In conjunction with the circulating nurse, conducts accurate sponge, sharps, and instrument counts according to departmental policy.
- Separates and organizes soiled instruments for transport according to
- Demonstrates knowledge in decontamination, prepping, packing, and sterilizing of instrumentation.
- Takes initiative to assist in area other than assigned.
- Participates in programs and projects directed toward personal and skills growth.
- Performs surgical scrub according to established departmental policies.
Assists in positioning of patients and maintains their safety.
- Must be currently licensed in Oklahoma as an LPN or by the Association of Surgical Technology or certification eligible, and/or can be trained on the job as scrub technician. BLS required.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English, as well as possess good verbal and written communication skills;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
September 22, 2020